- New Scala-branded hardware empowers retailers to enhance in-store experience through cost-effective, scalable digital projects
- Scala now a full solution provider for retailers offering concepting, software, hardware and support
MALVERN, PA, USA, – March 23, 2017 – Scala, Inc., the leading global provider of digital retail experiences and a member of the STRATACACHE family of complementary digital solutions companies, announced today it will showcase a full line-up of its leading-edge digital experiences at the 2017 Digital Signage Expo (DSE) in booth #1218.
On the heels of joining the STRATACACHE family, Scala has combined its heritage in selecting and configuring robust hardware with STRATACACHE’s logistics ability to launch its own integrated hardware solutions. This is the first time Scala’s new line of Windows- and Linux-based media players and commercial tablet products will be shown in North America. An extension of the company’s leading digital signage solutions, the Scala-branded players are powerful, secure and address the current market climate of competitive pricing and ever-improved deployment on a global scale.
The Scala booth at DSE, which is being held March 29-30 in Las Vegas, will feature a mix of solutions from the STRATACACHE family that create optimized customer experiences by bringing elements of online shopping into the retail store. Highlights include:
- Connected Café– A Scala booth favorite! Self-ordering kiosks featuring point-of-sale integration create a fun way for customers to place their order while boosting sales and order accuracy, and reducing wait times. By integrating a payment solution, Scala has completed the experience.
- Interactive Fitting Room– RFID tags detect when an item enters, moves or leaves an area of the store. When shoppers enter the fitting room, a touchscreen shows detailed information and compelling images of the apparel. The shopper can then use the display to learn more about the apparel, request assistance or even complete the sale. No more lost sales due to out of stock items; shops can now secure their sale by offering home shipments to the consumer.
- Lift & Learn– This interactive solution – featuring high-performance Razer gaming mice – entices shoppers to interact lift and compare products and its features. The solution also entails extensive data analysis on consumer interaction with the solution and product comparison data.
- Informational Podium – Available for valet parking, host stands and lecterns, the informational podium – created by the newest company in the STRATACACHE family, Real Digital Media – extends visual communications to the curb and drives messages designed to entice, inform or engage visiting patrons or casual shoppers looking to enter a venue.
- Outdoor Digital Menu Board – Designed to withstand all outdoor elements, this technology provides a best-in-class performance for drive-thru menu boards and other weather-exposed digital media applications.
- Instore Re-targeter – Combining Scala’s live dashboard with customer profile and purchase history, the Instore Re-targeter enables sales associates to update screens to be as relevant as possible to current shoppers.
In addition, Russell Young, SVP Sales & Business Development at STRATACACHE, will participate in a DSE panel session exploring the importance of the customer, not the technology, in creating successful digital signage networks and digital out-of-home executions. The session – Approaching Projects Driven by Customer Experience – will take place on March 28 at 1:15 p.m. PT.
With this announcement, Scala also welcomes Michael Arnett, STRATACACHE’s first hybrid hire, responsible for heightening sales efforts for both Scala and STRATACACHE in Canada. As managing director of Canada for both STRATACACHE and Scala, Michael will bring 20 years of experience leading sales and business development efforts with cutting edge technologies, having worked exclusively within the digital signage sector for more than 10 years.
“Michael brings a consultative approach and big picture mindset to the STRATACACHE family,” said Chris Riegel, CEO of STRATACACHE. “Coupling this with his deep experience in digital signage and impressive ability to connect with people, Michael will play a pivotal role in championing success for both STRATACACHE and Scala clients in Canada, and we look forward to the expertise he will lend to current and potential customers alike.”
STRATACACHE will also have digital experiences on display in Las Vegas next week at GlobalShop, taking place March 28-30 in booth #2063 where they will showcase a broad range of its leading digital experiences, including Scala’s Smart Mannequin. The mannequin is an example of how retailers can use devices such as sensors and touchscreens to engage customers and create an immersive shopping experience. When a shopper touches sensors embedded in the mannequin’s apparel, a nearby touchscreen instantly updates to highlight features of the specific area of the clothing selected.
About Scala, Inc.
Scala solutions deliver engaging retail experiences by connecting networks of digital signs, kiosks, mobile devices, websites and Internet-connected devices. Scala, a STRATACACHE company, provides the platform for marketers, retailers and innovators to easily create and centrally manage deployment of shopping experiences while retaining the flexibility to rapidly adapt to local business conditions and preferences of customers in the store. With 30 years of experience entertaining, informing and educating audiences, Scala is well-known for its innovation and leveraging best-of-breed technologies, such as mobile and predictive analytics, to create award-winning solutions that are easy-to-use, yet infinitely customizable. Headquartered near Philadelphia, PA, Scala’s network of partners and developers located in more than 90 countries drives more than 500,000 screens worldwide.
For more information, please visit us at http://scala.com/
STRATACACHE is the leading provider of intelligent digital signage, digital merchandising, mobile enablement and rich media solutions. These solutions help inspire and influence customers at the point-of-decision, generating new sales opportunities. With over 1.5 million software activations globally, we have the deepest and widest footprint in the market and consistently enhance our offerings to better serve our customers. STRATACACHE is based in Dayton, OH, and serves 28 countries with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Bentonville, Dallas, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Adelaide, Luxembourg and Bangalore. Learn more about STRATACACHE and its family of companies, Scala Inc., PRN, Carmanah, Optika, SuperLumin and enVu by visiting us at www.stratacache.com, following us on Twitter @STRATACACHE or Liking us on Facebook.
About Real Digital Media
Real Digital Media is the provider of NEOCAST®, an enterprise-level digital signage platform for managing the efficient distribution of place-based targeted messages and branded experiences across networked displays. Designed intelligently to scale with the growing demands of the digital-out-of-home (DOOH) industry, NEOCAST® is a standards-based platform that offers certainty to marketing and advertising professionals seeking a viable long-term solution to meet the current and future demands of their digital signage deployments.
NEOCAST® has been used to establish point-of-decision marketing, promotions and corporate communication networks across the retail, healthcare and hospitality sectors.
Please visit our website to learn more: http://www.realdigitalmedia.com/