Since our market entry more than eight years ago, Japan has been instrumental to Scala’s strategic business plan.. We have been able to achieve significant market share in Japan for large-scale digital signage networks in verticals such as retail and transportation.
Digital Signage Japan is a very special event for us as we have had a prominent presence every year since the show’s inception. This year was no exception, as we exhibited with our partner Hitachi, demonstrating a range of innovative solutions. Among the solutions showcased were transparent displays, intelligent light controls, background projection displays, Scala Fling and interactive digital menu boards.
While our company strategy is strongly end-user focused, Scala works with the best partners to deliver total solutions. Our partners consistently tell us that they value our software’s stability, customizability and compatibility and ability to connect with virtually any data stream running on standard web protocols.
Included among the Scala partner solutions highlighted in our booth were:
- ITTOCAN, a content designer company which exhibited their interactive engine called REACT that plays on top of Scala software and animates content through movement detected by a webcam. You can check out video examples of their solutions here.
- Alpha Japan, a systems integrator which showcased interactive content using Microsoft Kinect and Scala software.
- OEC Electronics exhibited new digital signage-related hardware including transparent screens, Scala-certified IAdea signboards, RISC-based players, and IBASE PC-based players.
- NGC showcased a novel retail display casing driven by Scala software that presents products through the peephole of a transparent display.
- NEXCOM demonstrated its digital signage players using Scala software.
Another booth attraction was the Future Concept Zone where show attendees could join Scala and our partners to see innovative products, as well as discuss new ideas and the reinvention of content design. It was a great place to learn about Scala’s vision for where digital signage is headed.
Guillaume Proux, our vice president responsible for Scala's APJ operations, participated in a panel session with over 90 systems integrator attendees. Guillaume presented on “Big Data Meets Signage” which looked at how to deliver digital communications solutions that drive business performance.