The Burger King project of Scala partner SIGNATURE DIGITAL MENUS was nominated in the category "Content for Digital Signage".
The Miele project -a cooperation between Scala, Troades and House of Media Experience– was nominated in the category "Retail Signage".
The competition aims to honour innovative and successful Digital Signage projects which have been efficiently planned and creatively implemented – and to present these to a wider audience within the industry.
The goal is to widen the acceptance of the new medium and to encourage even more companies to make increased use of this form of signage. The public presentation is also intended to stimulate ideas for new projects. The Digital Signage Best Practice competition will give awards to well-conceived Digital Signage projects which, right from the initial design stage through to placement, selection, design and control of the displays, achieve their defined goal. Depending on the application, this may be guiding, providing information or increasing sales.
The Best Practice Awards are to be presented at Viscom 2010 in Frankfurt, Germany (november 4th-6th) for the fourth time in five categories:
– Retail Signage – Digital Signage applications in the retail sector
– Information Signage – Digital Signage applications showing information on public displays
– Guiding Signage – Digital Signage applications as guiding systems in the public domain
– Content for Digital Signage – Outstanding content for Digital Signage applications
– Interactive Signage – Innovative Digital Signage applications with interactive components
More information: http://www.digital-signage-best-practice-award.eu/