Scala Software Releases
Visit us often for release information and software updates
Have a question? Contact us, we would be glad to hear from you!
We just posted Release 4.0.9 of Designer and Player. (Astute counters will note that we skipped 4.0.8 — that was a stepping stone interim release we made for a specific reason on the way to the 4.0.9 set of fixes).
Designer and Player Release 4.0.9
- Fixed several rare race conditions that could lead to a hang in
Designer and Player Release 4.0.8
- Fixed a race condition that could hang a page with a Movie or
MovieClip (or other animation) on it, if the page was aborted
or the MovieClip was transitioned-out at exactly the wrong
Player Release 4.0.9
- If you run the Player under a limited-user account, Player
normally logs a Problem 7 report about features that may
not work without Administrator rights. The problem report can
be suppressed by setting the MMOS.INI flag:NETIC_SkipAdminTest=0
We have a handful of fixes for you in the Playback Audit EX Module, and also some publish-related problems that led to MD5-errors and incomplete downloads on Players.
Also we fixed a case where Content Manager could show stale or blank thumbnails. (We're still chasing an intermittent problem that many of you have seen with corrupt thumbnails. Sorry we haven't found the root cause of that one yet.)
Content Manager 5 and Playback Audit EX Module:
- Fixed a problem that could result in stale or blank thumbnails
- Fixed a problem where the Playback Audit parser would fail to
delete certain temporary files, and log an error.
- Fixed a problem where the Playback Audit parser would
continually reprocess logs that had zero events in them.
Publish Automation EX Module:
- Fixed a problem with very rapid consecutive publishing of
scripts that share subscripts. In some cases, this could cause
Players to be unable to download those subscripts, complaining
of an MD5 mismatch.
- Fixed a problem where if you republish a script that includes
subscripts, without leaving the Publish dialog, this could in
some cases cause Players to be unable to download those
subscripts, complaining of an MD5 mismatch.
We've been hard at work revising the Designer 5 documentation. We have a new manual available that is up-to-date through Release 4, and has many other improvements. Go to http://www.scala.com/updates and enter your Designer serial number, then click
Download Designer 5 Release 4 Users Guide