Filters:All automotive banking finance corporate communications education entertainment government healthcare hotel casino innovation gallery outdoor quick service restaurants retail transportationother
Ya Mogu Launches Bar Network in Rio de Janeiro
Brazil – A new and innovative visual communication proposition started to operate in the Rio de Janeiro select “botequim” (a “carioca” term for a typical type of bar) segment. Ya Mogu, a Brazilian based digital signage company and a Scala Certified Value Added Partner, has started a bar network based on international models and technology, but adapted to the local tropical “spices”. The system, based on the Scala InfoChannel® platform, was initially installed at the Conversa Fiada Botequim bar chain. Ya Mogu centrally manages Plasma screens and digital projectors in the six bars of the chain, four of which located in the wealthiest area of Rio de Janeiro (Ipanema,Leblon, Jardim Botânico and Barra da Tijuca) and two other in resorts less than 2 hours drive (Angra dos Reis and Itaipava).
Ya Mogu develops content specifically for the audience profile, which is typically above 30 years of age and in the top economical tier of Rio de Janeiro. Its average monthly reach is of about 60,000 customers.
The editorial line is currently composed of:
- Bar original content (events, promotions, local messages)
- Outside ads (custom made for the screens)
- Generic content (animations, sports, art)
- News (real-time feed from local JB Online, part of local communication group Jornal do Brasil).
- Interactive content (quiz, event photos)
- TV programming (Brazilians can’t live without their weekly football)
- Musical clips: through a partnership with EMI, some of the bars are equipped to receive audio, and musical clips are inserted in the loop. At other times, the system controls ambient sound.
- Specific content for employees during non-commercial hours.
“The tenacity and creativeness of Ya Mogu has created a new opportunity for digital signage applications in the Brazilian marketplace”, says Viola Roseby, USA South and Latin America Channel Manager for Scala.
“The interest generated from the Conversa Fiada Botequim bar chain from others in the marketplace has provided Ya Mogu with an opportunity to capture significant market share and take a leading position in the Brazilian digital signage market”, says Yuri Berezovoy, Principal at Ya Mogu.
Several new features are being trialed and undergoing customer acceptance.
Similarly, with the immediate success and acceptance by both customers and bar owners, Ya Mogu has been contacted by other major bar chains and is already negotiating it’s expansion.
About Ya Mogu
Ya Mogu is specialized in network management, technology innovations and content development targeted to the digital signage marketplace. Its operation methodology is oriented towards Service Level Agreements and addresses commitments relative to delivery, availability, performance and support of digital signage networks.