At 20 and 21 November Scala attended Deutscher Handelskongress (German Retail Congress) and trade fair Retail World together with partner Microsoft. The events took place for the 13th time in Hotel Maritim in Berlin.
About 1.200 decision makers from German retail attended this top congress to network, discuss an get information. More then 80 (inter)national top-speakers and experts talked about actual retail issues. Theme of the congress was Smart retail – Increase customer loyalty at every channel.
Next to the congress attendees could visit retail trade show Retail World. Scala and its partner Microsoft showed their latest innovations. With 55 other companies they presented products, services and strategies for retailers. Topics where among others multi-channel solutions, mobile marketing, online communication, social media, hard- and software, CRM and customer loyalty.
Scala showed how digital messages can succesfully be presented to customers via several devices. A lot of retailers where impressed by the cases Scala showed and the quality of its products and services.
Some interesting quotes of experts:
- 30% of retailers use e-commerce.
- You can only be succesfull if you use all channels (on- and offline).
- We need a paradigm shift: from product- to customer orientation.
- 23% of clothing is sold online.
- Customers are in control.
- Smartphones are personal shop advisors.
- E-driven companies will become the most succesfull.
- Customers decide when, where and how they buy.
- The better you know your customer, the better you can help him.
From 16 till 20 February 2014 Scala and Microsoft will attend Euroshop in Dusseldorf (Germany), the largest retail trade show of the world.